Saturday, October 24, 2009

Call Me "Oddjob"

Are you watching closely?

I mean, um, reading closely?

Because I'm going to share with you one of the biggest secrets to being a CCMer. It's called the willingness to be flexible.

Since arriving here, we've had jobs change (one of the roles was essentially eliminated by the consolidation of crews, and our fearless Sam D. has become a jack-of-all-trades running P.A. work), and others changed only recently (yours truly was made a blogger the day before we left).

But even assuming everybody stays with the jobs they planned on, you never know when you're going to be called on to be a "runner" and go out and grab something the rest of the crew might need. The secret to success here is to just GO DO something!!

Sometimes it might mean running out to a gas station or a Best Buy (I did one of these in New York, and driving there left me thinking I had nothing left to fear in life until I drove in Los Angeles) or, as in here in Hamilton, running to the mall next door.

This is also, by the way, a shout out to the "Inkjet Island" in the Jackson Square Mall, for helping us with our HP All-In-One needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment